- You can change your Gboard theme using a custom image from your phone’s gallery or a preset provided by the keyboard.
- Both iPhone and Android users can change their Gboard theme to a different photo or color.
- To change your Gboard on an Android, you will need to access your System settings.
- iPhone users can customize their virtual keyboard by going straight to the app and tapping the “Theme” option.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
There are tons of advantages to using Google’s keyboard app, Gboard, rather than your phone’s default: You can use Google search within the keyboard, and it can automatically translate your sentences. Another cool capability is customization.
Unlike other keyboards, Gboard allows you to change its theme, meaning you can set a picture or color scheme as the keyboard’s background. This might help you read it better or is just a fun way to be expressive whenever you type. Either way, it’s easy to set up, whether you have an iPhone or an Android.
Here’s how to change your Gboard theme.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
1. Open the Gboard app.
2. Tap Themes.
3. If you want a custom image to serve as your Gboard theme, select Custom.
4. When your phone’s photo library appears, select a photo.
5. If you want to use a preset theme, tap the image within the Landscape or Gradient sliders to choose it.
6. For Custom themes, crop the image before tapping Choose.
7. Adjust your Custom Gboard theme settings
8. Tap Done when you’re finished customizing your theme.
How to change your Gboard theme on Android
1. Open your phone’s Settings app.
2. Scroll and tap System when you find it.
3. In the System menu, tap Languages & Input.
4. Tap Virtual Keyboard.
5. In the Virtual Keyboards menu, tap Gboard.
6. In the Gboard settings menu, tap theme.
7. Select a theme that you like from the listed presets or upload a Custom image.
8. Preview your new theme, then tap Apply.
Subscribe to our newsletter
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe